Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
gcross
Message 1 of 2 (138 Views)

Wish List-Need part list option

138 Views, 1 Replies
10-26-2012 12:56 PM

We make detail sheets with views of various parts all on one sheet & it would be great (save time) to be able to create a plist by selecting the views of each. These parts may or may not all eventually reside in a subasy together so I need them to be individual part views.

I just don't want the overhead of making a view of an entire assembly over & over again to show parts & making all but the one part invisible in each view, even using View Rep/LOD. Besides some parts might not reside in the same assembly.

As it is I have to create individual part lists for every part.

Is there a way to do this now I'm not aware of, maybe?

Gary

Inventor Suite 2013 Ultimate
*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 2 of 2 (118 Views)

Re: Wish List-Need part list option

10-26-2012 07:38 PM in reply to: gcross

Gary,

In our shop, we used to do the same thing (multiple parts on one sheet). It had been that way for "years".  We tried to duplicate this with Inventor but it was causing us so much grief.  We finally decided it was not worth it and are now using the one-sheet-one-part matra.  Works so much better now.

There are ways to do what you are asking for, but they all require manual editing/hiding/typing.  All are prone to errors that cause trouble downstream.

There has been (at one time) quite a bit of discussion on here about this topic.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube