Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 Accessing Content Center on Inventor 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kent.champion
1541 Views, 6 Replies

Windows 8.1 Accessing Content Center on Inventor 2014

Hi,

I have installed Inventor 2014 and Revit 2014 on to Windows 8.1 64 Bit.

The install went fine.

The only problem I have struck is that for instant if I create a new Assembly and want to open the Content Center from  Assemble - Place - Place from Content Center. Nothing happens when I go through this path way, there's no error, you know it's trying as the harddrive light is flashing away rapidly for a few minutes each time you ask for it to open.

What I have tired so far is to install service pack 1 and update 1 to service pack 1, neither have made a difference.

Any insight in how I can get this working would be appreciated. I know Windows 8.1 isn't officially supported by AutoDesk.

Cheers

Kent

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bob_holland
in reply to: kent.champion

Kent,

Welcome to the Forum.

Can you please check and make sure that you have IDCL files in:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Content Center\Libraries

Also please check your project file and make sure that this is where you have it pointing to.

These are the defaults.

If you have moved these items please make sure that all Project is seeing your Content Center libraries.

Thank you and we are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 7
kent.champion
in reply to: bob_holland

Hi,

Sorry about the delay for the reply, sorry to say that the IDCL files are in the default location and the project file is pointing to the correct location.

I suspect it's something to with Windows 8.1 new folder\file permissions and the program itself doesn't have the authority to open the file to read.

Any other ideas or solutions out there are always welcomed.

Cheers

Message 4 of 7
blair

Try changing permissions, RMB on the Inventor icon to bring up the Properties and try using the Run as Administrator, also make sure the UAC slider is set to the lowest setting

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
kent.champion
in reply to: blair

Sorry no good running as admin, our staff are all administartors of their machines and the UAC is disabled by default, the content center files aer in the correct location, it just seems that they can't be read.

Inventor 2014 on Windows 7 has no problems accessing the files, so I am certain it's a Windows 8.1 file permission issue that Inventor 2014 isn't able to read the files.

Cheers for the input tho.

Message 6 of 7
blair

Try installing the latest SP's from Autodesk, one was just released last week.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 7
kent.champion
in reply to: blair

Hi Blair,

I had installed Service Pack 1 and Update 1 to Service Pack 1, neither them made a difference, but the latest one Update 2 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 solved my problem.

In the release notes they addressed the issue where Content Center doesn't work with roaming profiles in Inventor 2014, I suspect that this was my problem as our staff have roaming profiles.

Thanks for letting me know about the latest update release, I check for updates at the start and middle of every month, so they squeezed this one in between my checks.

Regards

Kent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report