Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WikiHelp is down (again)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Dave_SSDD9000
599 Views, 7 Replies

WikiHelp is down (again)

It seems the Autodesk Wikihelp site is down again:

http://www.websitedown.info/wikihelp.autodesk.com

wikihelpdown01.jpg

I realize there is a way to bypass this and go straight to the offline help, but it would be nice if we didn't have to jump through hoops just get some help or do some research. (I'm building and iPart factory, so I don't have a specific question to ask here, I just want to read up on the topic)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Here is the link that will soon be posted someone else, so I might as well get this out of the way:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/04/where-are-inventor-2012-tutorial-and.html

Message 3 of 8
mrattray
in reply to: Dave_SSDD9000

You beat me to it! 🙂
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 8
Dave_SSDD9000
in reply to: mrattray

Yeah, sorry, I was feeling a bit steamed over the wikihelp thing. Just venting I guess Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 8
mpatchus
in reply to: Dave_SSDD9000

What would be nice (and certainly less frustrating) would be a dialog box that states something like:

wikihellp.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 6 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: mpatchus

Allowing a website to launch local content would open a large exploit.  There would need to be a local utility to "ping" the wikihelp for status and perhaps a minimum speed, to throw up the dialog.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 8
mpatchus
in reply to: dgorsman

Quite true... even just an extra button on the ribbon for LOCAL HELP would be beneficial.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 8 of 8
mrattray
in reply to: mpatchus

For that you would need help to be a part of the standard installation...
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report