Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to update after saving?!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
KevMat
137 Views, 0 Replies

Why do I have to update after saving?!

Does anyone know why an assembly requires an update even after saving? Here's the scenerio; In a single user environment, if an assembly is opened a message comes up saying that some components have been changed even though we are certain no changes have been made. This seems to stem from the use of IParts in the assembly. In the dialogue box, the subassemblies are defaulted as "yes" for a save and the library parts are defaulted as "no". If you change the "no's" to "yes's" and save the message does not appear anymore. This was a bit annoying but at least we could get around it.

The problem is we are starting to use a semi-isolated environment are no longer given the chance to change these "no's" to "yes's" so whenever you checkout the assembly it tells you changes have been made to subassemblies but it does not tell you that the Iparts are what is causing the prompt for change.

I have found a couple of other posts for this problem but could not find anything specifically related to IParts or semi-isolated projects.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report