Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who created this feature?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CAD-One
380 Views, 3 Replies

Who created this feature?

My company implemented vault during last one year only, but have been using inventor since 7-8 years. We have tons of parts in across hundreds of projects.
On any given part created across there is possibility that many engineers have added or modified features. Is there a way to know who created a specific feature?

Thanks in advance.
C1
C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: CAD-One

For our company, we utilize the comments field when files are checked back into Vault.

i.e.   Added 1/4 fillet to outer edge.

Of course this is for our library part editors only.  Regular day to day users cannot modify library parts at all.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: CAD-One

I know what you are talking about.  I have seen this feature in other softwares where you can look at the properties of a feature and tell who created it. Short of what has been suggested regarding the comments and possibly using an ilogic rule to tap into this seemingly hidden info, I do not know of a way.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: Cadmanto

You could write a bit of iLogic to create a "log" file...

You could track a lot more than just who created a feature that way, maybe track deleted featues, old dimensions, etc.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report