Inventor General

Mentor
pball
Message 1 of 4 (1,003 Views)
Accepted Solution

White isn't so white any more

1003 Views, 3 Replies
08-23-2012 05:16 AM

I'm probably missing something here, but with Inventor 2013 the color white or snow appear almost the same as the default gray. I'm pretty sure the top part (see pic) was done in 2012 and the bottom one is 2013. Other colors like Black or Turquoise appear just fine.

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 2 of 4 (963 Views)

Re: White isn't so white any more

08-23-2012 09:11 AM in reply to: pball

In my opinion Autodesk made the adding of a color to a part a lot more complicated.  The way I have found to get the white brightness you desire is to choose say SNOW and then turn on and adjust the self-illumination. Then you can save it as a favorite.

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/
Valued Contributor
PhilSaw
Message 3 of 4 (899 Views)

08-24-2012 02:34 AM in reply to: pball

I noticed this with our version of 2012;

White = light grey

White (Flat) = white as you would expect

Doesn't have Snow as an option though.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
Intel(R) Core(TM i7-2600 CPU, Quadro 2000 graphics card, 8G RAM
Mentor
pball
Message 4 of 4 (880 Views)

08-24-2012 05:03 AM in reply to: PhilSaw

Unfortunately there isn't a White (flat) in 2013, so that's root of this issue. There isn't a color people would typically call white as a default color (that I've found at least).

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube