Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White TempEmbed_(1) in dwg instead of image

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cadlad
483 Views, 1 Reply

White TempEmbed_(1) in dwg instead of image

This could be an Inventor problem or it could be an AutoCAD problem.

My company uses both Inventor and AutoCAD, it depends on the client which is used. I am having trouble with a drawing that begins as an Inventor dwg and then gets converted into an AutoCAD dwg. This client requires our deliverables to be in AutoCAD dwg format. Therefore, when creating deliverables we open the Inventor dwg, Save Copy As, select AutoCAD dwg, choose Options, select the ini file that contains the settings we want, and add _acad as a suffix to the filename. We add the suffix to avoid sending Inventor dwgs.

Problem: The images end up looking like this in the AutoCAD dwg file.

TempEmbed.JPG

In the template, which is an Inventor dwg, are two bitmap images. One image is the logo for my company and the other is the logo for the client.

Here's how it should work: If an image is inserted into the border and the Link option remains checked, then it will not be embedded in the drawing file. However, if an image is inserted into the border and the Link option is unchecked, then it will be embedded in the drawing file.

We've been able to embed images before, do the conversion from Inventor to AutoCAD dwg, and the images appear fine. However, they now do not. To complicate things, the images do not appear for myself and another coworker but they appear fine when a third coworker does the same procedure I and the first coworker do.

Dell Precision T3610 - Windows 7 SP1, 64x, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (driver 9.18.13.5306), Inventor 2013 SP2 Update 6 - *Autodesk Inventor Professional Certified*, AutoCAD 2014 SP1, Vault Professional 2014 SP1, 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pcrawley
in reply to: cadlad

Just check the default BMP image file handler you have configured in Windows and compare that with your 3rd co-worker who seems to be immune to your problem.  (Right-click the .BMP file in Windows Explorer and select "Open With..." and see which app is associated by default).

Assuming your 3rd co-worker has something different set, then just mess up his settings and fix yours to become the new office hero 😉

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report