Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is INV not responding?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ozitag
291 Views, 2 Replies

When is INV not responding?

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to update a part. It involves a pattern of a derived part which in turn has a derived part in it. We have set up a template part that we copy in Vault, then edit the first part and let the whole thing update. (Its a plastic tray) To update it this time, I moved the end of part up above the derive command and that is where I am up to, waiting for this to complete. It seems to be taking especially long this time. I do understand that patterns are not INV strong point, but we need to do a 3D print of this, so it has to do the pattern. I have tried a couple of times and given up, but this time I have left it running. So far about 40 hours and I have no idea when it will be finished. Windows say INV has stopped responding, but every so often the blue scroll bar updates a little (moves) so it is still running, if not slowly. How long should I wait till I give up completely? There is nothing that says where in the scheme of things INV is up to. Luckily I have a laptop that I can work on while I wait. I would add the files, but that would mean stopping INV.

Regards,

Ozitag

IV 2010
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: ozitag

What are your system specs?

Also, when you moved this part above the other is it possible there is a conflict of interest?

Meaning it needs to compute something in the part that is currently first before the second part

and if you are changing the order it is getting confused?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 3
ozitag
in reply to: Cadmanto

System specs are:

Win XP 64bit SP2

Xeon E5430 @ 2.66GHz

8 Gb Ram

INV 2010

NVidia  Quadro FX 3700

I haven't moved any part, it was the EOP (End of Part) in a ipt file that I moved up.

I ended up giving up waiting and closed it. I then moved the EOP to the very top and decided to move it down one item at a time. When I got to the derived part feature the was a problem with it (I had altered the bodies in the part) so there was an issue there. What was interesting is that INV threw up the error straight away, but before it sat 40hours without saying anything.

I have now got to the next feature (a pattern). There was an error there too with a different body being selected, so I fixed that and it showed the pattern working, but it has been sitting 5 hours or more calculating this out with the blue scroll bar moving occasionally. It seems it is working quicker than it was before as the scroll bar seems to run through quite quickly every now and again, but it is still 5 hours.

Regards,

Ozitag.

IV 2010

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report