Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your StartUp time when launching Inventor 2013?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
dave_deane
523 Views, 14 Replies

What is your StartUp time when launching Inventor 2013?

I am trying to build a case to bring to our IT department regarding our builds. We have 31 seats that the startup times range between 1:15 and 1:50. Of course we have corporate processes running in the background but I think it is our MacAfee Enterprise causing a problem. Perhaps I am wrong and this is normal for startup? Curious what my peers are experiencing.

Thanks,

Dave

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pball
in reply to: dave_deane

My typical start up time is around 10 seconds though it can be up to 30-45 when things are running slowly for whatever reason.

Message 3 of 15
mpatchus
in reply to: pball

@pball wrote:

My typical start up time is around 10 seconds though it can be up to 30-45 when things are running slowly for whatever reason.

That's about the same for our users.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 15
Cadmanto

Mine is about 10-15 seconds as well.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 15
blair
in reply to: Cadmanto

Cold-Boot just under 10 seconds, Warm-Boot (Inventer loaded once after system restart) 6 seconds

Capture.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 15
DesignerNinja

I just timed mine at 7 sec flat.

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"
Message 7 of 15
gsmith9810

Are your seats dedicated licenses or does the seat have to go check out a floating license?

-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Smith
Inventor Product Design Suite 2013sp2
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 8 of 15
dave_deane
in reply to: gsmith9810

dedicated "Stand Alone" licenses

Message 9 of 15
blair

dedicated stand-alone license as well

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 15
swhite

Average 10 to 15 seconds. Although I have noticed checking in and out is slower on this companies servers than my last job. And yet this company has better servers and better network, so expect settings are not the same. Last job worked from home and could check files in and out faster than I can here at work. Ahhh, gotta love them networks.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 11 of 15
karthur1

Cold Boot about 20 secs.  Close and restart Inventor about 10 secs.  Both are also logging into vault when it starts up and that takes 2-3 secs.

That does seem a little slow.  Try unplugging the network and see what it does.

Message 12 of 15
jeanchile

Ours takes about 20 seconds cold-boot (no Vault) to get the program running. Then when we open/create a part for the first time it takes an additional 20 seconds to load the rest of the program not loaded at first (add ins and junk).
Inventor Professional
Message 13 of 15
LT.Rusty
in reply to: jeanchile

Workstation - 8-10 seconds.   Vault is unloaded, network license, several add-ins disabled.  Slightly slower 10-15 seconds total) if it's the first start after a reboot.

Laptop (with SSD) - 3-5 seconds.  Standalone license, no vault, nothing disabled.  Doesn't matter if it's the first start or not.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 14 of 15
autocad.phil

Yeah, that's way too long and gotta do something about it.  Maybe observe the HDD LED/light to see if there is a long pause in between or it's continuously cranking along all the time.  Also look at the network blink/LED at the port or the network adapter's status utility/software for any activity/transaction.

(My current/old laptop: around 17 sec to the Welcome screen (cold), under 8 sec warm/restart, standalone type, no big numbers/jumps shown in the network utility monitor but small increments only as it logs into the Autodesk 360 or somewhere.)

--
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2019 | Perpetual + Subscription
Message 15 of 15
SBix26

Perhaps you could post your system specs?  That could have something to do with it.  What OS, drives, processor?

On my previous system, Win XP 32-bit, three year-old laptop with mechanical drive a cold start of Inventor often took over a minute.  Now (see below), it's in the 10 sec range.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.16.2
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report