Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Executing Replacement Constraint?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
135 Views, 1 Reply

What is Executing Replacement Constraint?

I have an iam where a basic block.ipt is grounded. I projected some work planes and "Create Component" - using these projected work planes. After a couple of hours (when I'm finished of course) - out of the blue, I accidently grabbed onto the newly created component and was able to move it in (2) axis. Without thinking, I began a constraint to lock it back onto the basic block and the message "Executing Replacement Constraint" appeared at the bottom of my screen. My constraints didn't work without messing something up so I cancelled them.

When creating the new component, I used "symmetric" when sketching the overall shape - symmetric to the basic block projected workplanes. Those are the (2) axis that are moving around.

It's not extremely important that this assembly be locked together - it only purpose is to stay adaptive height wise and that's the axis that is still holding.

What does that mean "Executing Replacement Constraint"?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no message for "Replacement Constraint" in Inventor that I'm aware of. There is one for "Replace Constraint", however. Is that what you meant? If so, the replace constraint message simply indicates that Inventor is replacing one constraint with another. This should only happen when Inventor is previewing an assembly constraint, either in the Constraint dialog or when doing an Alt-Drag constraint placement. It sounds as though you may have been doing the latter. -- Scott Kohls Inventor Development Autodesk, Inc "Laura" wrote in message news:3254562.1096401191282.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have an iam where a basic block.ipt is grounded. I projected some work planes and "Create Component" - using these projected work planes. After a couple of hours (when I'm finished of course) - out of the blue, I accidently grabbed onto the newly created component and was able to move it in (2) axis. Without thinking, I began a constraint to lock it back onto the basic block and the message "Executing Replacement Constraint" appeared at the bottom of my screen. My constraints didn't work without messing something up so I cancelled them. > > When creating the new component, I used "symmetric" when sketching the overall shape - symmetric to the basic block projected workplanes. Those are the (2) axis that are moving around. > > It's not extremely important that this assembly be locked together - it only purpose is to stay adaptive height wise and that's the axis that is still holding. > > What does that mean "Executing Replacement Constraint"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report