Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What difference is there when I make a radius dimension "jogged"?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chad38
1289 Views, 2 Replies

What difference is there when I make a radius dimension "jogged"?

What difference is there when I make a radius dimension "jogged"? I haven't managed to see any difference at all in it, let alone any sort of additional zigzag in the leader. See attached jpg for an illustration. Is there any way to achieve this in Inventor?

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
conklinjm
in reply to: chad38

Jogged radii help when the center is significantly far away from the part detail as it foreshortens the dimension leader; furthermore, the dimension has to be placed between the arc segment and the center else there is no visual difference from a regular radius dimension. 

HTH

Message 3 of 3
chad38
in reply to: conklinjm

Thanks for showing me where it actually modifies it. All the radiuses I tried modifying were too small for that to even be an option.

I sure hope that there will soon be much more freedom in placing dimensions as well as how to display them. It's aggravating how even when the text will very clearly fit between projection lines, and the text will even snap to where I want it(for a split second) but when I click to place, it snaps outside of it.

Of course, I doubt hoping will change this. Heck, it's not like they just started being able to dimension prints. I'm sure people have asked for more freedom in dimensioning before in Inventor. They just didn't have their wishes granted, I suppose.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report