Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted File in Assembly Causes Inventor To Freeze Why Esc Does Not Quit?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
2grumpy
868 Views, 7 Replies

Corrupted File in Assembly Causes Inventor To Freeze Why Esc Does Not Quit?

Say I have 1 or two drawings or assembly or parts open and I do need to open one more file - that file is corrupted somehow and Inventor try to open it... and open it - takes endless time and I see it gets to nowhere, it will not happened. Can I quit that file - no I have to crush the program and start from new, restart whole lot. Please Autodesk programmers - you can do better - why 'Esc' do not work as it does in Autocad? - or does it?

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: What I hate in Inventor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: 2grumpy

I’m not saying this will work, but next time try pressing the “Pause/Break” key instead of the “Esc” key.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 3 of 8
xxxr2050

just a heads up, the pressing  "pause/break" key does not end the process.

it's better to attahced the flle, and let Autodesk to check the data why fail to open it.

Message 4 of 8
owouwu

The engineering class I'm in causes too much agony and pain. Inventor makes it 100000000000000000 times worse. It makes everyone want to die. So,what it wrong with inventor? EVERYTHING

Message 5 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: owouwu

@owouwu wrote:

The engineering class I'm in causes too much agony and pain. Inventor makes it 100000000000000000 times worse. It makes everyone want to die. So,what it wrong with inventor? EVERYTHING

@owouwu

Or maybe its just you..

I've been using it for years now with very few problems and there are thousands of others just like me.. 

If you would like to be useful please provide valid concise examples of the problems you are having and maybe we can help you solve those issues or figure out what you are doing wrong..

We all get frustrated from time to time with everything in life.. If ranting makes you feel better then great.. 

Providing examples of the problems you are having and seeing if we can help solve them is a better choice though.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi owouwu,

Many thanks for sending us the feedback! I am sorry to hear that you don't enjoy using Inventor and it causes negative sentiment. You sound like a student. Do you mind sharing a bit more detail in terms of what class you are taking and what school you are attending (send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to understand why the professional tool is not helping your class as it should. In the meantime, did you go through any of the tutorials available in Inventor and at Autodesk Knowledge Network?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/getting-started?sort=score

We want to make sure you enjoy the benefit of free education license and build strong foundation to expedite your future engineering career.

Thanks again!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
kelly.young

Hello @owouwu I see that you are visiting as a new member to the Inventor Forum.
Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Getting started with engineering and 3d modeling programs can be very difficult and frustrating.

My advice would be to figure out where you are struggling, document what steps you have taken so far, then report them back in a new post stating your exact issue and sharing your files of your attempt so far.

Without conveying what's happening we have no way of easing your pain. I certainly don't feel like I want to die when using it, quite the opposite.

As a new user I would stress that patience and perseverance are a necessity to be a successful engineer and designer. If these things were easy everyone would be doing them, just getting into the engineering class shows you have what it takes to stand above the crowd.

We here in the forum try to find positive solutions to difficult problems that will help each other fulfill our goals and make the world a better place.

If you want to get involved here we will do our best to show you a better way and lead you to a prosperous future.

Message 8 of 8
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kelly.young

Hi! Just to provide an update on aborting commands, <Esc> abort has been implemented in Inventor since 2016. There are still cases that a given operation does not react to <Esc> because it is not interruptable. Most of the commands now react to <Esc> to abort.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report