Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weldment Files Causing assy Constraint Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
beau-tech
220 Views, 1 Reply

Weldment Files Causing assy Constraint Issues

I have had issues with holes generated using projected geometry moving off location and assemblies blowing up (two separate issues). I think I have it narrowed down to weldment ****’y files. Hopefully I can communicate it properly (see attached pdf). Also attached is a zip file of the pack-n-go for this ****’y.

The ****’y here is fully constrained and is at the final stages of design. I was adding tap holes for fasteners, generating the first/ starting hole using projected geometry. When I try to make an array from the tapped hole, many of the 3d constraints ‘blow up’. If I drag the cover plate the ****’y snaps back into position but then a failure dialog box appears showing various constraints bad. I do not understand why this is happening.

This morning I tried making the tapped hole without using projected geometry and it behaves the same way. I am near the end of the modeling and need to get the layouts made- very frustrating.

Thank you for the help.

Pete Beau

IV 2013, latest SP & HF’s

Win7, 64 bit

8g ram

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi beau-tech,

Here's the link to your 4th attachment, it appears that you might have accidentally created a new thread rather than adding a reply to this one. Hopefully this will help others find it:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Weldment-Files-Causing-assy-Constraint-Issues-4th-re...

As for a link to add the Pack and Go files, you might contact Autodesk support via your reseller or subscription account and request an FTP, or create a Dropbox account to use as a host. I think the files will be required to diagnose the issue.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report