Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld Fill Visibility

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
mpascoe
3774 Views, 17 Replies

Weld Fill Visibility

Hello All,

I am currently having trouble viewing welds on drawing views. The outer line of the weld is visibile but there is no fill or hatching. I have tried to edit visibility settings, etc and nothing works. Also note that other welds show up and that all the physical welds do show up on the assembly models.

Please see attached file for detail.

Thanks,

Mike

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
jan.miskanin
in reply to: mpascoe

Hi,

can you, please, send me a dataset?

Cheers,

Jan

Message 3 of 18
mpascoe
in reply to: jan.miskanin

Jan- Can you please clarify. (I'm new to the discussion forum, this is my first post).

-Mike

Message 4 of 18
jan.miskanin

Mike,

can you send me files with this issue? Or attach it here?

Jan

Message 5 of 18
mpascoe

I cannot send these files as it is against company policy.

Any ideas come to mind without investigating the actual files?

Message 6 of 18
jan.miskanin

Can you right click on view, select "Edit View" and "Model State" tab? In "Weldment" part of dialog, which option is checked? Or, can you attach screenshot?

Jan

Message 7 of 18
mpascoe

The machining option is checked at the weldment level (See Attachment). But this issue is also occuring with this part in non welded assembly files showing sectioned or breakout view.

Message 8 of 18
NMossor

I am having the same proplem, weld hatching is not displaying in the drawing view.

Message 9 of 18
jcstevens

I am also having this issue, I have added further examples. This issue is really aggrivating, it makes the use of welds in assemblies almost not woth the time because I just have to go back and add 'end fill' annotations in the drawings to correctly display welds. I hope someone has a potential solution!

Message 10 of 18
mpascoe
in reply to: jcstevens

My issue was with a sub assembly within an assembly. I had to go and remove the welds in question completely and re-apply them. Then update the change throughout.

Message 11 of 18
jcstevens

I don't think that is the issue I'm encountering. I'm seeing this issue in a drawing of a top-level assembly. The assembly does contain sub-assemblies, but the welds that are not showing up properly do not involve any of the subassemblies. They are welds between different bodies of a multi-body part and welds between one of those bodies and content center components (a flange in this case). Thanks for replying though!

Message 12 of 18
SHRDLU

Same problem here. Nothing works. I'll have to hatch them myself I guess.

Capture.PNG

Message 13 of 18
graemev

Been there, done that.  It's not that the weld is not hatched, but rather that the hatching is of too large a scale.  All of the welds in section will be hatched as one item, so if you can find even just one hatch line in any weld, you can double-click on it to edit all weld hatching in that view.  If no hatch lines appear anywhere, you might try changing the hatch style to a smaller scale for the whole drawing.  Once you have modified the weld hatch, simply change the global style back to its previous state.

I usually change weld hatching to "ANSI 31" with an angle of 0° and a scale of 0.001.  When printed, it appears as a fill.

Message 14 of 18
jcstevens
in reply to: graemev

graemev,

I have had situations where that is in fact the issue, but there are other sitations where I don't believe it is hatched at all and it's not just a matter of scale. What I have tried in those situations is to temporarily increase the scale of the whole drawing view so that the view is several times larger than the sheet with the hopes that I could then see a hatch line so that I could modify the scale as you suggest.

However, when I do that I still cannot see any hatch lines for weld bodies even though I have many more hatch lines for other bodies (i.e. the hatch line-to-scale ratio changes as intended). So I think there is still an issue that needs to be resolved.

Message 15 of 18
SHRDLU

I thought of that too. But it's not the scale of the hatching. Here the same picture with really dense hatching. Same problem.

Capture.PNG

Message 16 of 18
graemev
in reply to: SHRDLU

By any chance does the weld bead terminate at the plane of section?  If so, it won't get hatched.

Message 17 of 18
SHRDLU

No, it's a circumferential weld. Here's the rest:

Capture.PNG

Message 18 of 18
SHRDLU

Now this is odd. When I change the diameter of the pipe from 219.1 to 219.08 the hatches reappear. When I change the diameter back to 219.1 the hatches disappear again. Now I'm really clueless.

Capture77.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report