Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird display issue in idw

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
shastu
332 Views, 2 Replies

Weird display issue in idw

This is just happening on one machine that happens to have Inventor 2012 professional on it.  Not sure if it is a professional problem or not.  Anyway, all three parts show up the same length in the idw.  If you notice in the video, before it finishes generating the view looks correct, but after it generates they display the same length.  If I dimension them, the dimensions know what they are suppose to be and if I do a section view, it is also showing correct.  If I open the same file on another machine, and refresh the view, it shows up correctly.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bob_holland
in reply to: shastu

Shawn,

Does this happen for only this data set?

If a different user logs into this computer do they receive the same behavior?

Can you please confirm that the following service pack and update have been applied:

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 3
Shiva_Sundaram
in reply to: shastu

Hi Shawn,

This problem seems very similar to an issue we had in Inventor 2012 RTM version where content part sizes were not honored by the drawing viewe. We subsequently fixed this issue in 2012 SP1. Can you please check to see if you have 2012 SP1 or greater installed on that machine.

To fix the issue, you can simply try to open each of the standard parts and execute a rebuild all and save them, then update the drawing. The problem can also go away if you have Background updates OFF (Application options + Drawing tab).

Thanks

-Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report