Inventor General

Message 1 of 4 (240 Views)

Weight takeoffs and RISA 3D actions in Inventor

240 Views, 3 Replies
06-07-2012 08:06 AM

Can anyone guide me through weight takeoffs and RISA 3D type actions in Inventor? My company is currently using AutoCAD to make drawings, Inventor to make models, an in-house analysis program (for weights, moments, loads, modulus of elasticity, and yield strength) as well as RISA 3D for final design. I need to streamline this process, and I know Inventor can do it all--I just don't know exactly the best way to do it. Anyone...?

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 2 of 4 (232 Views)

Re: Weight takeoffs and RISA 3D actions in Inventor

06-07-2012 08:52 AM in reply to: capndavep

capndavep wrote:

Can anyone guide me through weight takeoffs and RISA 3D type actions in Inventor? My company is currently using AutoCAD to make drawings, Inventor to make models, an in-house analysis program (for weights, moments, loads, modulus of elasticity, and yield strength) as well as RISA 3D for final design. I need to streamline this process, and I know Inventor can do it all--I just don't know exactly the best way to do it. Anyone...?

Why Autocad to do drawings? seems silly and would be my first place to look for "streamlining"

Inventor does drawings..

What version of Inventor do you have? (specifically do you have the "Professional" version which includes stress analysis/dynamic simulation?

Best thing IMO is to take a small part/project and run it through your RISA and Inventor simulation at the same time and see what works and doesn't work for your company. There are TONS of tutorials on Inventor simulation to get you started.. I'd suspect if you know 1 analysis program another shouldn't be too hard to figure out quickly.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)

06-08-2012 04:57 AM in reply to: capndavep

Yes, the use of AutoCAD and RISA are both non-efficent to my design ends. I am running Inventor Suite 2011. 

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 4 of 4 (211 Views)

06-08-2012 05:22 AM in reply to: capndavep

capndavep wrote:

I am running Inventor Suite 2011. 

So you don't even have stress analysis... Well simply switching to drawings in Inventor could help some to "streamline" but thats about it..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube