Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight takeoffs and RISA 3D actions in Inventor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
capndavep
486 Views, 3 Replies

Weight takeoffs and RISA 3D actions in Inventor

Can anyone guide me through weight takeoffs and RISA 3D type actions in Inventor? My company is currently using AutoCAD to make drawings, Inventor to make models, an in-house analysis program (for weights, moments, loads, modulus of elasticity, and yield strength) as well as RISA 3D for final design. I need to streamline this process, and I know Inventor can do it all--I just don't know exactly the best way to do it. Anyone...?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: capndavep

@capndavep wrote:

Can anyone guide me through weight takeoffs and RISA 3D type actions in Inventor? My company is currently using AutoCAD to make drawings, Inventor to make models, an in-house analysis program (for weights, moments, loads, modulus of elasticity, and yield strength) as well as RISA 3D for final design. I need to streamline this process, and I know Inventor can do it all--I just don't know exactly the best way to do it. Anyone...?

Why Autocad to do drawings? seems silly and would be my first place to look for "streamlining"

Inventor does drawings..

What version of Inventor do you have? (specifically do you have the "Professional" version which includes stress analysis/dynamic simulation?

Best thing IMO is to take a small part/project and run it through your RISA and Inventor simulation at the same time and see what works and doesn't work for your company. There are TONS of tutorials on Inventor simulation to get you started.. I'd suspect if you know 1 analysis program another shouldn't be too hard to figure out quickly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
capndavep

Yes, the use of AutoCAD and RISA are both non-efficent to my design ends. I am running Inventor Suite 2011. 

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr

@capndavep wrote:

I am running Inventor Suite 2011. 

So you don't even have stress analysis... Well simply switching to drawings in Inventor could help some to "streamline" but thats about it..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums