Inventor General

Valued Contributor
petrxn
Message 1 of 7 (417 Views)

Weight in BOM vs Parts list

417 Views, 6 Replies
02-27-2013 12:51 PM

Hello

we have found that time to time is dfiferent weight in parts list and corresponding BOM. As is shown in enclosed picture there is an parts list included in drawing and there is one row where is wrong weight. This weight is different to weight in BOM and is wrong. Correct weight is 3464 as is in BOM. I have tried to delete this parts list, insert it again, but still wrong. If I include the parts list to new drawing, the weight is correct. How is this possible? Is there an solution for this?

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 7 (370 Views)

Re: Weight in BOM vs Parts list

02-28-2013 06:38 AM in reply to: petrxn

Can you verify that that line item was not edited manually and set to a static value?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Valued Contributor
petrxn
Message 3 of 7 (359 Views)

02-28-2013 08:01 AM in reply to: cbenner

Yes this I have checked, and is not static. I have spent whole day with this problem, my opinion is that there is an bug in inventor. If there is subassembly with included referenced subassembly (BOM set to Reference) then model respect it and calculate weight without this reference, but drawing does not respect this BOM setting in some cases. I have found that if I overwite model weight on  assemblies with BOM=Reference to zero, everything is correct. Unfortunatelly this behavior is very randomly and if I upate model+drawing three times I get three different errors :smileymad: .

Petr

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 7 (351 Views)

02-28-2013 10:03 AM in reply to: petrxn

Are you a subscription customer?  You could log a call to tech support.  Sounds like something funky is going on.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Valued Contributor
petrxn
Message 5 of 7 (340 Views)

02-28-2013 12:22 PM in reply to: cbenner

Thank you for reply. I have found that  I have to go troug hall assemblies, not only top level, and rebuild all.  It strange that "rebuild all" on top level assy does not go recursively across all childrens. Then it seems that these errors are  away, but I have to check a lot of other assemblies, then I will see if this really help. Enclosed is snapshot where is seen how Inventor works with zero. Assembly CS21SR1 has two children, one is reference with weight 0kg but final weight is wrong (3314kg +0kg = 3363kg) :smileyvery-happy:

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 6 of 7 (324 Views)

02-28-2013 01:32 PM in reply to: petrxn
*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 7 of 7 (321 Views)

02-28-2013 01:44 PM in reply to: petrxn

Hi petrxn,

I'm not sure if it'll help, but you might look at this option to help keep things updated:

Tools tab > Application Options button  > General tab > Update physical properties on save option   

When this box is check marked, the Update Mass command in the Update panel of the Manage tab executes before saving the file. By not requiring a manual update action, it helps ensure that mass properties are kept up to date. Select either Parts Only or Parts and Assemblies. Be aware that updating mass properties for assemblies can take considerable time.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube