Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walk around and Thru- Inv 14

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
tjustice
531 Views, 12 Replies

Walk around and Thru- Inv 14

Does anyone out there have an example of a good walk through either in Studio or is there a better product? I am looking for a way to actually look like I am walking towards and stopping and kind of look away or at something and then start back on path. Then stop again and look again at something else off the path. Want to do this around a large object with other little objects. I have created objects like this but can only animate around 360 degrees without stopping. Any help would be helpful and appreciated.

T

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Cadmanto
in reply to: tjustice

T,

Would something like shown in this link be what you are looking for?

http://www.gdms-1.com/software/autodesk/aec/walk.htm

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 13
tjustice
in reply to: Cadmanto

yes that may work. Where do you find Autodesk Walkthrough?

Message 4 of 13
Cadmanto

Check out htis link from Autodesk.

http://autodesk-walkthrough.software.informer.com/

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 13
tjustice
in reply to: Cadmanto

Found version 1 and clicked on it to download and nothing happened. Do I need to download the software informer first and then will it show up within the programs of the informer?

Message 6 of 13
tjustice

Autodesk? Anyone else have a suggestion?

Message 7 of 13
Cadmanto

Sorry to tell you, but I really don't have anymore information then what I have already shared.

The only other thing I can tell you is you might want to think about contacting yout VAR to see if they can shed any light on this.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 13
tjustice

Thanks for the help. Maybe Autodesk could charm in and suggest something or even how to dload the walk through program you suggested.

Message 9 of 13
p_enneking

I haven't used it a lot, but I know Navisworks has a walk-through (and fly-through) mode.  You can also stop and "look around" from various viewpoints.  I don't know how to do it, but I would imagine you can record this "tour" and replay it. 

Message 10 of 13
tjustice
in reply to: p_enneking

Thx will take a look
Message 11 of 13
dgorsman
in reply to: p_enneking

Thats essentially correct.  You can store a number of saved viewpoints (camera location, camera target, focal length, linear speed, angular speed, and so on) and Navisworks will interpolate the camera positions in-between.  The saved viewpoints and animations are retained when published to NWD files, viewable with the free Navisworks Freedom program.  Complex scenes can be problematic since Navisworks maintains frame rate by "dropping out" objects.  There's also the option of exporting the animation to video, which doesn't have the drop-out issues.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 13
tjustice
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks dgorsman

Is it possible you have a example of this from Navisworks?

Message 13 of 13
dgorsman

Nothing I can share, sorry.  But there are a number of samples which are included with the installer.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report