Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHats wrong with my computer?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Infallable
548 Views, 8 Replies

WHats wrong with my computer?

Hello,

I'm not particvularly well informed on the technical side of things, so feel free to ask any further details which I haven't provided.

My inventor runs incredibly slow all the tim (Inventor Professional 2013). Its basicly as simple as that - so slow that its almost unworkable.  I am working on a local server as opposed to my harddrive...could this be the reason?

Ive attached a snapshot of my system specs so you can see what my machine is running...

Drawings seem to be a lot slower than .idw and .iam files.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
chrisrodway
in reply to: Infallable

Have you got inventor installed on the server or locally?

Are you running a vault server?

Thanks

Chris Rodway

Design Engineer

Sheffield, UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
Message 3 of 9
Infallable
in reply to: chrisrodway

No, we're not running a vault server - I've been pushing it for ages but the IT guys aren't exactly 'pro-active ' on the issue!

Message 4 of 9
Infallable

Sorry, I didnt fully answer your question - Ive got inventor installed on my hard drive.

Message 5 of 9
ampster401

have you tried saving your files to your hard drive and working from there?

Message 6 of 9
chrisrodway

If its local installed the problem could be your project file. Try making a new one by going into inventor projects creating a new project file

For your setup you need a single user project and select a local working folder to work out of

Hope this works and speeds it up for you, If not I'd recommend a re-install because your PC spec should be OK because mines worse and inventor and vault run fine. If you have to re-install make sure you delete the installation package out of C:/ Autodesk. This mean the installation is completely new

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chris Rodway

Design Engineer

Sheffield,UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
Message 7 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: chrisrodway
Message 8 of 9
blair

Possibly, it you have a slow network. Try copying files to your local machine, and create a new Project to point to the files on the local machine and see if performance improves.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 9
Infallable
in reply to: cbenner

Sorry, your right! My Graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 4770.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report