Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volo View work with IV6?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
299 Views, 7 Replies

Volo View work with IV6?

Does Volo View (2.01 Build 811) actually work? I've tried to import an assembly from IV6 and get a message to the effect that some of the parts are out of date, been modified, etc., etc. and then only a few parts from the assy actually show up. Everything has been migrated, updated, upgraded, put into the correct place, been mated and constrained properly, blah, blah, blah but to no avail. Anyone have any comments or suggestions?? Thanks in advance. Chris
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

must've struck a nerve with no replies. we'd like to send new designs and concepts around to our marketing people and managers for their input (as if that makes a difference 8~)). unfortunately, we do not have the capital to insure that all of these folks have IV installed on their boxes, therefore it is imperative that we have some sort of viewing program (that's user friendly) because god knows neither my colleagues or i want them cramming into our little breathing spaces to brow beat. any suggestions??
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I couldnt make it work. Autodesk no longer supports it I think. I am waiting on modelview to support IV6. Its free and works very well IMO
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

You can use the free Autodesk Express Viewer (http://makeashorterlink.com/?H17011BC2) to view 2D drawings in DWF format. You can export your 3D models to ZGL format and use this free ZGL viewer (http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2F035BC2).

I hope this helps until Autodesk can get an Inventor all-in-one viewer put together.

MechMan
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I was able to install VoloView 2.0, the patches, and Design Tracking on a laptop. It complained about things needing updating when I opened an assembly but then worked as intended. It does not support things like decals.
Message 6 of 8
cadsysmgr

Just for information purposes...Did you use the Standalone Design Tracking SP1 version from the AutoDesk Download site ?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

It was the standalone, I don't think it was the SP1 version.
On a lot of the Inventor machines VVE doesn't work with R6 files now however. It didn't like the uninstall 5.3 => ignore complaints about VVE => install 6.0 w/ SP1. I haven't bothered to track down the problem because it hasn't caused problems. - Rich Thomas
Message 8 of 8
cadsysmgr

Thanks Rich, I will try this after the first of the year with one of my setups that needs VIEWING only....Will probaly try the SP1 download version...My problem is not the IPT as much as the IDW viewing and Print/Plot...Don't have enough MODEM power here at home to try that large a download...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report