Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual style to make entire assembly transparent?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DRoam
948 Views, 2 Replies

Visual style to make entire assembly transparent?

When I double-click on a component in an assembly to edit it, the rest of the assembly becomes transparent (or translucent is a more accurate term). Is there a way to create a visual style (or use some other method) to make the entire assembly translucent like this, just as I'm working with the assembly performing all the usual assembly-type operations? For example, I can operate under the "Shaded" visual style, or the "Wireframe" visual style, or the "Monochrome" visual style.

Is there some way to work with a "Translucent" visual style so that I can see the internals of my assembly as I'm placing parts, applying constraints, etc.?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
harco
in reply to: DRoam

Various methods.

Create a design view representation, make it active, select all you components and set their colour style to a transparent colour - blue clear ,green clear,red clear limo tint...etc.

Or use the design view rep to make outer components invisible by RMB visibility.

Or you an select all the outer components RMB and deselect enable, this will probably be more similar to what you are asking for although it will become annoying switching enable on and off constantly. Although it has the advantage of not selecting outer surfaces when constraining. Enable can only be switched on from the browser.

The method I use for simplicity is to set defer updates on, press ' v ' (to move items), drag all outer items out of the way, apply constraints and then update.

Everything then jumps back into place.

Message 3 of 3
DRoam
in reply to: harco

Those are some good suggestions, I'll have to play with them and figure out what's best. I also submitted an enhancement request to Autodesk asking them to add a Transparent visual style, we'll see if anything comes of that. Thanks, harco!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report