Inventor General

Bobeep
Message 1 of 4 (158 Views)
Accepted Solution

View updates

158 Views, 3 Replies
05-04-2012 05:08 AM

Hallo there.

Is there a way to stop my drawing views from updating when I make a change to my assembly? I have assemblys of boxes that I need to make different views from but everytime I open the door to show an inside view it screws up my other views.

Regards

Bobeep

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 2 of 4 (156 Views)

Re: View updates

05-04-2012 05:13 AM in reply to: Bobeep

I think you need to do some reading about view representations.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

*Expert Elite*
jtylerbc
Message 3 of 4 (146 Views)

05-04-2012 06:32 AM in reply to: mrattray

And depending on whether you're actually opening (moving) the door or just turning its visibility off to visually remove it, you might also want to look at positional representations.

John Tyler
Inventor 2013
Windows 7 64 Bit
Employee
johnsonshiue
Message 4 of 4 (134 Views)

05-04-2012 01:21 PM in reply to: Bobeep

I am sorry that I may not fully understand your workflow here. But, it sounds like you might have created some drawing views from upper level assembly when all you need is the views of the subassembly. Would creating subassembly view help here? Could you attach an image here or an assembly showing the problem you have?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Principal SQA Engineer, Inventor
Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube