Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View representation locked

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Karol-Or
487 Views, 4 Replies

View representation locked

I made a simple part and try to save it.

It refuses and says that the current view representation is locked, and that i should make a new one or unlock the current one.

I didn't touch view representations, and the unlock option is greyed out.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Karol-Or

Hi!

I had no problems making a edit and save.

Pick my (your) file... maybe it works now for you.

Regards.

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: CCarreiras

I have had this happen to our users on several occaisions.  Any idea what causes it to lock?  And more importantly, how to unlock it when it is greyed out?

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: Karol-Or

Master View Rep.PNG

This is the master view representation.  It is un-editable, un-deletable, and always locked.

Typically, trying to change any of the items controlled by the view rep (listed in the WikiHelp article on Part View Representations) would require a custom view rep, but parts seem to behave differently than assemblies in this respect.  I can change sketch visibility, part appearance, work feature visibility, etc. all day long, and I am still able to save when it is set to Master.

So, I don't know what you did to make it say that.  But to get past it, try creating a custom view rep, switching to that view rep, then switching back to Master.  That should clear any issues.  You can then delete the custom view rep if you want.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 5 of 5
Paul-Mason
in reply to: cwhetten

All I do is create an new view save - delete the new view - save again, everything back to normal after this.

I gave up ages ago trying to find the answers to why this happens from time to time.

With me it mainly happens on part files that I have altered or updated after creating an assembly, some time it happens some times it don't

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report