Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View lighting setting and duration of tag show up question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Orest_iy
592 Views, 5 Replies

View lighting setting and duration of tag show up question

The acquaintance with new 2012 Inventor gave several tiny but annoying problems.

The lighting settings is not so good as 2011 and requires alterations.

The View - Lighting setting is always turns to Two Light instead of desired Default.

The question is how to permanently set it to desired setting in ALL project?

When I create the new lighting style it is visible only in that file. How to make it visible and set by default in other files?

http://screencast.com/t/1FDJMvXvtO8k

New 2012 has option of showing the name of part or assembly while cursor stops hovering over the object. Is it any time setting of duration of that option???

It is quite annoying waiting for turning off or shutting down unwanted show up.

It also either work or not work at all. Please advice where is setting for that?

Regards Orest Yavtushenko

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Orest_iy

@Orest_iy wrote:

New 2012 has option of showing the name of part or assembly while cursor stops hovering over the object. Is it any time setting of duration of that option???

tools..application options..general tab.. Change the "Select other" delay (sec) time

@Orest_iy wrote:
When I create the new lighting style it is visible only in that file. How to make it visible and set by default in other files?

Not sure how to set it as default (I need an answer to that too) but you need to save it to your style library after creation and then hit the update the styles in the files its not showing up in. This process is required anytime you make a change to your style library. (hopefully you are using one..everyone should be.. use style library=yes in your project file)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: mcgyvr

and just now i experienced the select other tool not working at all. I needed to close and restart Inventor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 4 of 6
Orest_iy

hmmm

does not help even when all Tooltip appearance are totaly unchecked..

But I found the lighting by default.

Its id in Document Setting on the Standart tab.

Saving changed lighting settings to library is working. I am using this machine alone

Regards,

Orest

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Orest_iy

select other functionality is NOT related to tool tips.. look to the right of that for select other delay

Message 6 of 6
Orest_iy

Yes "Select Other " while in Off voids those tags

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report