Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View change when "Create 2D sketch" clicked when editing part in place in .iam

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andy
432 Views, 3 Replies

View change when "Create 2D sketch" clicked when editing part in place in .iam

Hi,

any time I click on "Create 2D sketch" when editing a part in place in an assembly, the view moves to an isometric view. It happens as soon as I click on the button. Is there any way to stop this happening?

This does not happen when I'm editing a part (.ipt) on its own. I'm aware of the "Look at sketch plane on sketch creation" issue: this is not the same thing since it happens as soon as I click on the button, i.e. before I actually create the sketch.

I want the view to remain as it was before I click the button, to keep the things I'm looking at in view.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: andy

Andy,

I am not seeing this behavior.

I do have the "Look at sketch plane..." checked.  Not sure what issue you are speaking about when it comes to this selection.  Do you not have it checked?  If not have you tried checking it to see if this issue goes away?

What version are you running?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
andy
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Scott,

I get the behaviour I've decribed when editing a part in place in an assembly, whether or not I have "Look at sketch plane...." checked. The view change happens as soon as I click the button, i.e. before I get as far as selecting a surface to sketch on.

I'm running Inventor Pro 2014, 64 bit, Build 222, SP1.

Thanks,

Andy.

Message 4 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: andy

Can't say as I have experienced the view rotating within the assembly while editing.  I have experienced the view rotating 180° in part mode while either creating or editing a sketch.

Is this the only assembly this is doing it to or does it happen across the board.  Are others in your department seeing this as well on their machines?

In answer to your original question, I do not know of any setting to toggle this behavior.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report