Inventor General

Mentor
CrAzY-MiKe
Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

Viable Material property in I-Assembly Tables

197 Views, 1 Replies
01-10-2013 06:24 AM

We use a lot of I-Parts and I-Assemblies, and many if those I-Assemblies are Weldments. One of the default settings for welds is "As Material". This means the material of the weld will follow the Material I-Property. In the table of my Weldment I-Assembly, I add a column for the Material property, but the values I place there (which are viable materials for Parts and I-Parts) are not recognized and Inventor throws a "potentially damaging errors detected" message every time I switch rows in the table. The funny thing is that I click "Continue" in the pop-up and my welds update to the material indicated in the table, matching the material of the other parts in the weldment. I just want it to work without the error message popping up all the time!

Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2013
Inventor 2013 64-bit Edition
Win7-64, 8-core Intel® Xeon® CPU W3550 @ 3.07GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
454 GB HD, Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
SpaceNavigator, 3.14.2 / 6.14.0 / 3.18
Mentor
CrAzY-MiKe
Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)

Re: Viable Material property in I-Assembly Tables

02-04-2013 11:48 AM in reply to: CrAzY-MiKe

Well, I see almost a month has gone by. Apparently this issue:

a) was explained so poorly that nobody understands what I'm talking about.

b) has confounded everyone who has tried to address at it.

c) is too insignificant to bother with.

d) simply got lost in the great shuffle of posts on this site.

e) all or some of the above.

Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2013
Inventor 2013 64-bit Edition
Win7-64, 8-core Intel® Xeon® CPU W3550 @ 3.07GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
454 GB HD, Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
SpaceNavigator, 3.14.2 / 6.14.0 / 3.18

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube