We use a lot of I-Parts and I-Assemblies, and many if those I-Assemblies are Weldments. One of the default settings for welds is "As Material". This means the material of the weld will follow the Material I-Property. In the table of my Weldment I-Assembly, I add a column for the Material property, but the values I place there (which are viable materials for Parts and I-Parts) are not recognized and Inventor throws a "potentially damaging errors detected" message every time I switch rows in the table. The funny thing is that I click "Continue" in the pop-up and my welds update to the material indicated in the table, matching the material of the other parts in the weldment. I just want it to work without the error message popping up all the time!
Well, I see almost a month has gone by. Apparently this issue:
a) was explained so poorly that nobody understands what I'm talking about.
b) has confounded everyone who has tried to address at it.
c) is too insignificant to bother with.
d) simply got lost in the great shuffle of posts on this site.
e) all or some of the above.