Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault file and folder rename taking too long?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Indentor
347 Views, 2 Replies

Vault file and folder rename taking too long?

IV2011

Trying to figure out if my vault implementation is dumb.

I have a vaulted project with about 1000 parts in it and a subfolder within that that has about 250 parts in it.

I am told that vault does not manage references outside the project scope as defined by the IPJ which in theis case is at that 1000 part folder level.

If I go to rename the folder with 250 parts in it, it takes up to a half hour.  I am having trouble believing that vault can't do better than a half hour to manage the references of a subfolder of a project with 1000 parts in it, when only 250 parts are affected.

Also, I notice a secondary ipj file is created temporarily during the renaming.  That ipj appears under an inventor folder under my docs.  Can't see why it takes two ipj files to manage one project.  Also don't understand why there should be a local ipj file active when I am renaming at the vault level.  I am suspicious that this other ipj (named after my company name, indicating a purposeful act) is expanding the scope of reference management since its parent resides at the root Vault explorer ($) separate of the projecy ipj.  Also takes way too long to rename individual files. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Indentor
in reply to: Indentor

JD...Waguespack

I know it's vague but just help me out with an order of magnitude how long I should be waiting for a folder rename with the indicated project depth.

help please

Message 3 of 3
Indentor
in reply to: Indentor

Up

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report