Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Ribbon & Inventor Browser not working

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jason.rogers
938 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Ribbon & Inventor Browser not working

I have noticed today that my Vault ribbon is not working. I can log in / log out of the Vault and navigate to the Vault explorer. Also in the browser I only have access to model and favorites. It acts like the Vault project is not active.

The project file is active and mapped properly and I can check files in and out via the Vault explorer. I have also installed updates dl19384851 and update 1 for Inventor.

I am running Windows XP Pro x86 & Vault Professional.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi jason.rogers,

Most often this is due to the fact that your Vault project file is not active. Close all Inventor files then go to the Get Started tab > Projects button and ensure that your Vault project is the active one.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, but the Vault project is active. I have even tried different vault projects with the same result.

Message 4 of 5

Hi jason.rogers,

I now see where you said you'd checked that beforehand. Smiley Embarassed

Have you gone to the Tools tab > Add-Ins button > and checked for the EDM addin? Note that you'll likely need to right-click on the Addins list and choose Show Hidden Members to make sure it's there or not there.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 5

It seems to have fixed itself. I shut down the computer last night and when I restarted it this morning everything was working fine.

Very frustrating. I restarted several times yesterday, recreated Vault projects and nothing.

Who knows,but its working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report