Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA and Dynamic Simulation

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
828 Views, 7 Replies

VBA and Dynamic Simulation

Hi

I'm trying my first go at automating Dynamic Simulation through VBA as I have hundreds of simulations to run. I've worked out most of it though could someone point me in the right direction and tell me where I can find a 'trace' in the object model?

Thanks

Roger

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: Anonymous

Roger, do you mean trace code execution...

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

I mean during a smulation you can add a 'Trace' to the assembly, after the simlation has completed you can use output grapher to plot the position/velocity/acceleration of the trace. I have found how to access the position of the joints i.e. DSResults in the object model but I'm stumped when it comes to find the equivalent for the Trace

Roger

Message 4 of 8
Mark_Wigan

i don't know but i would maybe fire up the little SDK developer tools utility that allows you to see what is happening behind the scenes when you are working in inventor. it may lead to some cluesof what functions are being called?

sorry i can't remember off the top of my head the name of it but i tried it once and it seemed to work ok...

maybe someone in the customisation area of the inventor forums could assist better.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Yep I'm using the 'Watch' window to examine what is going on. It's great, but I can't find a Trace object beneath the simulation object so I'm thinking its somewhere hidden in the assembly. Hopefully, someone else here might know

Roger

Message 6 of 8
PeteMaxfield

I will check with our Dev team to see if we exposed Traces in API yet.
-Pete
Autodesk

Peter Maxfield
Message 7 of 8
PeteMaxfield
in reply to: PeteMaxfield

Indeed, it appears we have not yet added DS Traces to our API exposure (creation nor results). 

-Pete

Peter Maxfield
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: PeteMaxfield

Hi

Thanks for replying, something else I have also noticed that is missing and suprises me is that the only Joints visible in the API are the standard ones. It isn't possible for example to examine a sliding joint. Fortunately for me I don't plan to access them at the moment - I'm trying to automate running hundreds of simulations by making changes to a parametersed assembly - luckliy the only ones that interest me at the moment are the standard ones. For now I intend to extract information from the sliding ones after a manual simulation using output grapher

Roer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report