Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Vault and Inventor 2013 - File sharing.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Infoseeker
355 Views, 2 Replies

Using Vault and Inventor 2013 - File sharing.

Working with big assemblies can get complicated when different users need to apply changes at the same time. 

Does Inventor and Vault 2013 provide any solutions to that issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mflayler2
in reply to: Infoseeker

Yes they do.  But with the best intentions you can still have problems.  For instance, if a user checks out an entire assemlby and the parts within it as well, then it essentially keeps the other user out all together.  When that first user should have only checked out the assembly and then as they needed to work on the parts, they are then presented with the option to check them out and then put a newer version in the vault for the other user to use with their changes.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 3
Infoseeker
in reply to: mflayler2

If you have one guy check out main assembly and another check out part of that assembly, the guy with the big assembly will most likely get all source of errors, like "edited out of turn", "not current version saved" and so on. So the procedure described by you (no offence, I do it this way too) its not a "special way" of working in multiuser scenario, its rather pathethic attempt to keep the work flow going. ;). I hoped that 2013 version came out with some solutions if it comes to this problem different from "I check out this one, you check out this one and we hope that all goes well'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums