Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IV Simulation FEA results as loads in a new simulation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
swalton
215 Views, 2 Replies

Using IV Simulation FEA results as loads in a new simulation?

IV 2011.

I have an assembly with a FEA simulation result.  I can run a report and get the reaction forces and moments at each constraint.  I would like to run a new simulation with different constraints and use the reaction results from the first simulation as loads in the second one.

Currently I do this by running a report on the 1st simulation to get a table of the reaction results.  I then manually add those forces to the 2nd simulation.  This takes time to type and the forces must be edited each time I re-run the 1st simulation.

Is there a way to use parameters to automate this?

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: swalton

Right click on the simulation node at the top of the browser and select Copy Simulation.

The copied simulation will have all the constraints and loads as the original.
Now you can make changes on second simulation without altering the first.

You can have as many simulations as you want (or need).

You can also set up parametric FEA simulations.
I'll try to post some pics in a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
swalton
in reply to: JDMather

I currently do that.

What I want to be able to do is use the resultant forces at the constriants in the 1st simulation as the loads on the second simulation.  I would then add new constraints and additional loads on the 2nd simulation. 

I can do this manually, but I was hoping to find some way to link the two simulations.  I don't want to fat-finger a load or forget to update the loads on the 2nd simulation after re-running the first.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report