Inventor General

Contributor
Orbitron
Message 1 of 7 (191 Views)
Accepted Solution

Using Created Dimensioning Styles

191 Views, 6 Replies
02-27-2012 06:56 AM

I've read the Wiki Help and did a search for related topics, but none answer my question.

I needed to create new dimensioning styles - that I can do.  However, there doesn't seem to be a way to apply them to a current drawing.  In the Annotation section under Format there are no "styles" listed  - not even the default.

So, how is one able to populate the list so one may choose a specific style or another?  Or, is there somewhere else I should be looking?

BTW...AutoCAD Inventor 2012

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 7 (189 Views)

Re: Using Created Dimensioning Styles

02-27-2012 06:59 AM in reply to: Orbitron

In the Styles Editor, look for "Object Defaults".  Creating a new Dim style, only makes it available.  In Object Defaults, you can actually assign that style to the various dimension types (liner, radial etc).  Once assigned there, you should be able to use them.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Contributor
Orbitron
Message 3 of 7 (186 Views)

02-27-2012 07:13 AM in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the reply.  I found the "Object Defaults", but I see nothing there that allows me to assign anything.  I can filter the list - nothing more.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 7 (183 Views)

02-27-2012 07:18 AM in reply to: Orbitron

Is there a style under the Object Defaults.. .or more than one?  It should look like this:

od.JPG

First column is the Object type, second is the style you want to assign to that object. On the left under Object Defaults, you can create multiple styles, for different types of documents.... if you choose.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Active Contributor
Message 5 of 7 (174 Views)

02-27-2012 07:45 AM in reply to: Orbitron

On your standard, make sure it is checked under available styles.

Donald L.

Inventor Product Design Suite Premium 2014
Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit
HP h8-1380t - i7-3820 @ 3.6 GHz
10 Gb
AMD Radeon HD7950 3Gb
Contributor
Orbitron
Message 6 of 7 (159 Views)

02-27-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: cbenner

Thank you gentlemen!  It still took some playing around with, but I believe I understand the relationships and sequence of events much better.

Active Contributor
Message 7 of 7 (154 Views)

02-27-2012 09:05 AM in reply to: Orbitron

If you want to make them globally available, don't forget to save them to your style library.

Donald L.

Inventor Product Design Suite Premium 2014
Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit
HP h8-1380t - i7-3820 @ 3.6 GHz
10 Gb
AMD Radeon HD7950 3Gb

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube