Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Cotter Pin in assembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jchua83
2031 Views, 5 Replies

Using Cotter Pin in assembly

Hi,

I have created a part which has 3 holes. I would want to secure these holes with cotter pins. How do i do it? I tried using the iMate function, but i couldnt get the imates of the cotter pin to match iMate of the holes. I tried doing a custom iMate for the holes but i couldnt get it to work. I tried the component generator too, but it only adds the iMate to one of the holes.

would appreciate some help.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BMiller63
in reply to: jchua83

Rather than use the iMates, just manually contrain it with mates and/or inserts. Also, you might post some example files and someone will be glad to show you exactly how to achieve this.
Message 3 of 6
jchua83

I attached a sample of the part im building. I need to put cotter pins in the left and right hole.
Hope someone can help me

Thanks,
Message 4 of 6
msklein

I'm looking at you're part, are you sure you mean cotter pins? and not retainer pins? Or cotter pins into the retainer pins that go into those holes? It looks to me like something is missing.
msk
Message 5 of 6
pauldoubet

Not sure exactly what you want either. Attached is a zip file with one possibility.

Post a screen shot of the assy you are working on and that will help.

Hope this helps, Paul Edited by: pauldoubet on Jan 29, 2010 9:26 AM
Message 6 of 6
msklein

FIRST attachment only had one part a plate with holes.
msk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report