Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Autodesk Inventor with Non-Admin User rights

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1324 Views, 7 Replies

Using Autodesk Inventor with Non-Admin User rights

Due to our new company policies, we cannot have any users on our computers be local administrators to the computer itself.  We need to know of what settings we need to place into effect on these computers we have running the current software we hold.

What we will need to know is;

What section/s of the Registry the software needs Read/Write access to?
What Directory/ies the software needs Read/Write access to?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

http://downloads.visucate.com/support/Deploying_Inventor_in_Schools.pdf

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=11768501&linkID=9242018

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18138720&linkID=9242018

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
Cadmanto

What version of Inventor are you running?

Also, are you using Vault?  If so there are permissions with in there that need to be considered as well.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Vault is installed locally on each machine but is not used.

The version of Inventor we are using is 2012.

Message 5 of 8
Cadmanto

Any particular reason why you are not using vault?  What version of vault?  Pro, collaboration, workgroup?

If I were you I would look into using vault and setting up the permissions there instead of on a network.  I believe you would have better and more secure permissions within the vault then out side.  Plus I believe they are easier to setup as well.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

We don't require the usage of vault for the three users that use Inventor.They save everything they need on the Server that gets backed up nightly.  The filesd made are later converted into their final product for others in their department.

The reasoning as for why we are not, is that it was up to the department heads to take care of getting it setup for their group, but use the servers for their secure folder storage and file management instead of the Vault software. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Those look pretty much like I was looking for though they don't have much on the Registry side except the activation portion which would not be much of a problem.

Thanks for the quick response in this.

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Those look pretty much like I was looking for though they don't have much on the Registry side except the activation portion which would not be much of a problem.

Thanks for the quick response in this.

No problem.. I google well 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report