Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update old .idw to new .idw template

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
abekkering
849 Views, 2 Replies

Update old .idw to new .idw template

Made some minor changes/updates to our .idw template and would like to update previous .idw's to the new template.  Can this be done automatically?  Is this done in styles?  I have opened previous .idw's and checked for updates in styles and none are shown.  The changes/updates are to the title block and revision table.  New drawings open with the new template changes, but we would like those changes to any previous drawings as well.

Thanks for any help you can give.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
harco
in reply to: abekkering

Have a look at drawing resource transfer wizard in your Autodesk programs list.

This will run through your drawings and update title blocks,borders and such.

If you have prompted entry info try it out on drawing copies first to see that you don't lose info.

It's usually ok, but if the new title block doesn't have the entry it has nowhere to put the info and drops it.

Message 3 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: abekkering

I don't know about doing it automatically, but I know in the browser of the format there is a "Drawing Resources"

area where the border and the titleblock are located.  I know you can copy from the new updated template and paste and replace the old in the exising drawings you have.  You might be able to create an ilogic routine to do this.

FORMAT.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report