Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update file name?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ltspd
100 Views, 2 Replies

Update file name?

Is there a way to make IV update the file names after they have been renamed? I assign a temp drawing number which is driven by the file name in a .idw. After I completly detail all the parts in the project I place them in a logical order. I go back and rename each file to suit the drawing number. Ie: 2003-117-main, which is the year, job number, and breif descpt, will become 2003-117-001. It would be nice if I didnt have to retouch every sheet and go in and edit the file name. Is there a way to update automatically so the file name and drawing number reflect?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pgt
Enthusiast
in reply to: ltspd

If you edit the title block of your drawing template you can add a 'Property Field'. This allows you to reference a number of different things within Inv. One of which is 'File Name'. When you change your drawing file name, the sheets will automatically update.
Hope this helps,

Pete
Message 3 of 3
ltspd
in reply to: ltspd

Thats the way mine was setup (or so I thought) but it did not update when I changed the file name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report