Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Drafting problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DanielCTurcotte
474 Views, 6 Replies

Update Drafting problem

Hi,

In our company, we use frame generator a lot. So we obviously have to use a reference file to make our frames

(unless they're another way that I don`t know)

Our problem is when we have to do our presentation. To make our views the way we wants, we ask the draftsmen to break the associative link of the

representation between the model and they're drawings.

Where doing it this way because those who are drafting and those who are modeling are two different teams.

But sometimes while an update is done on a model, the reference files pops up in our presentation with no reason apparent.

Why our reference file is shown visible after an update, when it was previously shown invisible?

And is they're a way to make it stop, and if not, is a there a way to facilitate those updates so that we don`t have to redo pretty much everything?

Its slows our draftsmen greatly, sometimes they have to redo entire views because of those updates. 

Sorry for my bad english

Hoping for a quick response

Tank you

Inventor Version: 2022
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: DanielCTurcotte

I might look at creating View-Reps in the model, This will allow you to suppress items you don't want in each View-Rep. Your drafting people can then use the required View-Rep to use as their source for each drawing. The only issue with this, is it works on a suppression method for the views rather than an addition method. This means that all parts are viewable upon the creation of a view and you must then suppress items you don't want. This will lead to the problem of any new parts added to the model will be in all View-Reps until they are suppressed. This may cause your drawing views to move around on the drawing sheet until the new items are suppressed in the View-Reps. It will stop the detached dim's that you are seeing now.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
blair

You could use the "Defer Updates" option in the drawings as well. This will "freeze" the drawing in the state the view was created.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
DanielCTurcotte
in reply to: blair

Tank you Very much

You're Suggestion seem sound. Ill try right away your advice.

But There is one thing that I worry about, if I began to suppress my reference file.

Will inventor panic and send-me error with missing link? 

Message 5 of 7
blair

You are only suppressing the view of the item in the model. It also won't show up in the Parts List as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 7
CAG_DRAFT

I use a fair bit of frame generator, but I do all the modelling and drafting here...

I use view reps a lot for things similar to this, my biggest tip is to lock them as soon as they are made. (before they get used in a drawing)

I found that when unlocked and you add a part in, even after setting the view back to how you want in the assembly environment the drawing views wouldn't properly update. (Needing a change then change back of the model view rep in the drawing view settings)

When the model views are locked the views in a drawing will still show up incorrectly at first (whern something has been added) but a simple 'update' will fix those issues.

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 7
DanielCTurcotte
in reply to: CAG_DRAFT

Smiley Surprised I wasnt aware of that lock feature. Il try this right away!

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report