Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Copied Properties automatically

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
drguitarum2005
2846 Views, 4 Replies

Update Copied Properties automatically

Does anyone know a way, either with iLogic, VB, or just an option somewhere, that I can perform the "Update Copied Properties" function (found under the "manage" tab in a drawing) automatically on save? I copy properties to my DWG from my assembly but it only copies the first time and won't automatically update if I change something in the assembly iProperties. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Try this iLogic code from Being Inventive.

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/11/update-automatically-drawing-properties-fr...

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 5

That looks like exactly what I need. Not sure why that was so hard for me to find. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5

Well now I have a weird problem. I added the following code to my iLogic browser and set it to run before save (also set it to after save, still problems):

Dim oControlDef as ControlDefinition

oControlDef = ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("UpdateCopiedModeliPropertiesCmd")

oControlDef.Execute2(True)

And now I save the document, my other rules run, this rule seems to run, but document doesn't appear to actually save. I say this because I go to Vault>Check In and it says I need to save my drawing, so I say yes, my rules run, then nothing happens. I press check in again and it repeats the same process.

As soon as I suppress this new Copy Properties rule, I check in, it asks me to save, I say yes and it checks in no problem.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 5

Bugger! Happy to supply the code but that's where my iLogic knowledge ends.

Maybe if you post this on the Inventor Customisation forum you might get a better answer. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/bd-p/120

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report