Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported Operation error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dsapp
335 Views, 2 Replies

Unsupported Operation error

I need help! I can not translate a dwg drawing into inventor 7. I keep getting and error message that says "Unsupported Operation, you can not edit autocad mechanical drawings in mechanical desktop" and then the translation switches to a idw file with a 2d view of some sort. It does this with any file that I use. Yes, these are mechanical desktop files and not autocad mechanical files. Has anyone had this same problem or have any ideas. I've tried all of the re-install options. Help!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dsapp

Try opening the file in MDT and Saving it, then do the translation while it is still open.
If that doesn't help post the file to IVCF and I am sure someone here will give it a shot.

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"dsapp" wrote in message news:f17ceb5.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I need help! I can not translate a dwg drawing into inventor 7. I keep getting and error
message that says "Unsupported Operation, you can not edit autocad mechanical drawings in
mechanical desktop" and then the translation switches to a idw file with a 2d view of some
sort. It does this with any file that I use. Yes, these are mechanical desktop files and
not autocad mechanical files. Has anyone had this same problem or have any ideas. I've
tried all of the re-install options. Help!
Message 3 of 3
dsapp
in reply to: dsapp

Thanks---It worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report