Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Error With a surface split.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rms390
349 Views, 5 Replies

Unknown Error With a surface split.

Attached is a surface model with parameters which drives an assembly I have.  I was testing it by changing dimensions to see where failures in the main assembly occured.  It worked for a few changes so I saved it and checked it into vault.  

The Split using the 70 Deg Plane (you will find them in the browser, Split 5 and Split 7) is where the problem occurs.  When I increase the outside diameter (i made it 147 in.), Spits 5 and 7 get moved up to the top half.

The same surface (named OUTER HOUSING SIDE) and its mirror are split on the XZ plane prior to the splits in question (5 and 7).

Could anyone tell me what exactly is happening?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: rms390

I didn't take a look at the problem you describe - but it looks to me like you are doing too much work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
rms390

I rolled back my eop marker to where it is just the three surfaces and splits.  It does the same thing.

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

Took a longer look at this - you are doing wayyyyyyyy too much work.
When you get it finished - attach the file(s) here and I'll show you how I would have done it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
rms390

I finished it up on friday and it seems to be working now.  I appreciate the help and I will attach it on monday.

Message 6 of 6
rms390

here is the file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report