Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfolding

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
salaices_michael
249 Views, 2 Replies

Unfolding

Hello,

When I send my parts to get formed from a flat pattern, when I send it to they bend the parts using ID is there a way to unfold the part and select the ID bend lines to show up?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I'm thinking you may not be modelling in the Sheet Metal environment as there is a large GO TO FLAT PATTERN button on the Sheet Metal tab. This shows the bend line and bend extents based on your Sheet Metal Styles. Both of these can be shown/hidden in an IDW view of the part Flat Pattern.

Hope this helps. A screen capture of the part (or attaching it) would be helpful. Remember if attaching the part to roll the EOP up to decrease the file size.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 3

BLHDrafting,

I modeled it in sheet metal enviroment, I did flatten it out using flat pattern button but the mesurements I need to match up are not. When the patten is folded the mesurements are correct. If you go to my other posts I have attached a picture and the .ipt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report