I have been trying to unfold round tubing made through the frame generator.
Here are the steps I took:
1. Used Frame Generator
* both ends of the tube are notched
2. Opened part and converted into sheet metal
3. Used the following tutorial:
4. Was not working so I drew sketches on both ends of the notched tubing and added points
5. Used rip tool (point to point) and did not work
* I made sure the thickness was the same
I thought I was doing something wrong so I generated a new round tubing frame with only 1 end notched and the other end flat and followed the tutorial. IT WORKED!
I have came to the conclusion that you can not use the rip tool on tubing that has both ends notched.
Is there a way where I can cut the tubing in half so I have 2 individual pieces/files of tubing with 1 end flat and 1 end notched?
How will the part be manufactured?
In the flat pattern will the cut edges be perpendicular to the flat?