Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Project and where to save files.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
krupz87
390 Views, 6 Replies

Understanding Project and where to save files.

Hi there, I am using Autodesk Inventor 2013 for the first time. I've installed it but I have no template files when I want to start a new file. I think I may have set up th wrong file locations, "C:\Users\Public1Documents\Autodesk\Inventor2013\Templates\Standards.idw was not found" it the message I keep getting. 

Where and how should I setup my files, projects and meanings behind what they mean. I am completly lost I think it may be a good idea to start fresh.

Please can someone help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: krupz87

If you did the default install the path to the templates would be: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Templates (assuming this is Windows 7).

Did you manually edit the path to the template files?

Are you using the Default project file?

Can you post a screen shot ot what you see when you try to start a new file?

Message 3 of 7
jletcher
in reply to: krupz87

Why is there a 1 in your path?

Error.JPG

Message 5 of 7
krupz87
in reply to: jletcher

Sorry, my mistake. There is no number 1 in the file name. 

Message 6 of 7
krupz87
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks you very much for these links, they went some way to improving my understanding. I have since uninstalled AutoDesk Inventor 2013, but will try install it to see if the template files appear on start uo. Will keep you informed.

Message 7 of 7
krupz87
in reply to: Anonymous

I have since uninstalled AutoDesk Inventor 2013, but will try install it to see if the template files appear on start uo. Will keep you informed. Any tips before I re-install it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report