Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to manipulate downloaded .stp file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SSHotMixParts
378 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to manipulate downloaded .stp file

See image below. I can't seem to figure out why I cannot manipulate this file. All tool bars are blacked out like it has the "read only" property. Which was first thing I checked to try to diagnose this issue. I've also tried save copy as, checking in & out of the Vault. Deleting local copies and opening from Vault. Even re-downloading the same file. Nothing seems to work. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or did whoever create this remove the write capablity from it somehow. All I am trying to do is go into document settings and change the units from metric to standard. Any and all help/input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!  photo 1190e998-8f94-40b0-ae59-be2a3e9a4412_zps03bfd478.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jtylerbc
in reply to: SSHotMixParts

That doesn't look like a STP file.  That looks like a native Inventor model, consisting of an iPart child.  The fact that it is an iPart child is the reason you can't edit the model.

Parker usually posts their files in several formats, one of which actually is .STP.  If this was downloaded from the Parker website, if you download the .STP instead of the .ipt version, you will probably be able to edit it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report