Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get exact flat pattern layout for round to square transition

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jayesh9009
1514 Views, 6 Replies

Unable to get exact flat pattern layout for round to square transition

Hello,

I am able to extract an flat pattern (for round to square)  but not exactly as the customers drawing.

The original drawing shows some relief in bending lines which i am not able to add in inventor.

after a glance at the attachments you will clearly understand what i want.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: jayesh9009

Hi!

Without the 3D Information we can't do almost nothing to help.

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 7
jayesh9009
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks for quick reply & sorry for delay from my side.

Attached you can find the 3D deg.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
yannicknielsen

When I see your post, I understand that you want some "space" between the bend lines in the corners.

It can't be round AND made with that relief, though - That would be square with a nice round corner instead, so why do you want it as the customer's drawing?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 5 of 7
jayesh9009
in reply to: yannicknielsen

What i understood from yours post is

It can't be round AND made with that relief = it is not possible in Inventor

though - That would be square with a nice round corner instead = if possible, it will be a square with corners instead of round.

so why do you want it as the customer's drawing? = because i cannot ignore his drawing as he is the purchaser

Now if i have to follow customers drawing then why i need the flat pattern in inventor = because i can extract exact dimensions of bending lines from cad mark them on the SS 10 thk sheet. and bend on press machine. so that i will get the final product.
Message 6 of 7
yannicknielsen

Unless the customer has produced a drawing specifically for your workshop, you cannot rely on the measurements from that drawing.

I would suggest that you tell the customer that his drawing will result in a square with with big round corners, and ask if that is what he really wants.

If you want a result like his, you'll have to draw half a square instead of half a circle for your second sketch, and then add fillets (although those don't have any dimensions)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 7 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: yannicknielsen

Hi!

You have to ask for the costumer's 3D, because this flat pattern can be for different parts: diferent angles, etc.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report