Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to flat pattern after converting to sheet metal

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kvannj
543 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to flat pattern after converting to sheet metal

Hi all,

I'm having trouble creating a flat pattern from a solid i've modelled.

Workflow: Created a 2D sketch in xy plane and extruded -1084 mm in z dir. Created cut, and extruded slots which were then patterned with rectangular pattern.

Converted to sheet metal, and then tried to flat pattern.

Tried to remove all features exept the 1st extrude, still having the same problem.

I have tried to set the correct material and sheet metal defaults, but still no luck. I feel like i'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone able to help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: kvannj

where is part4.ipt?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
kvannj

Didn't think you would need it! It's attached now.

Message 4 of 5
kvannj

Solved this problem by creating a new file. I derived the plate, and created it again from scratch as Sheet metal, without converting from standard part. Both parts are perfectly identical in geometry, but the second one allows me to create a flat pattern.

Message 5 of 5
IgorMir

Check out what the "Thickness" parameter is set to in the first file. It has to match the Extrusion distance. I can't look at your file since I use IV 2010.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report