Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UnResolved Files in an Assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Cadmanto
16452 Views, 5 Replies

UnResolved Files in an Assembly

I have spent the past hour searching these forums looking for a solution to this.  To no avail I have not found an answer.  My issue is similar to some threads, but those solutions do not resolove this issue. 

I have an assembly that has a component that has not only been deleted from this assembly, but has been removed

from the vault.  When I try to select a similar file on my local, just to get through this I get the followong error message and this cycle keeps going in circles.  Wanting me to point to where this deleted file is.

ERROR.PNG

This assembly remains unresolved and as a result of that I cannot check it into the vault.

Another frustrating things about his is in the dialog window that wants you to select a different file, there is

no option to either select from the CC or the vault.  Why?

I know I found one thread that seem to indicate that issues like this, there is no solution.

I just hope the only solution is not to recreate this assembly.  Because this is a subassembly used in upper

level assemblies.  Speaking of which those upper lever assemblies wont check into the vault either because of this issue.

Inventor Suite 2012
Windows 7

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Cadmanto

I partially resolved this.  I decided to do a search for this part on my computer and found it on my personal network drive.  When I replaced the part with the network part it resolved even though it was not in the master project directory.

Now my question is, seeing this part is not showing up in the assembly browser, how do I delete it from the reference list so this does not occur again?

Inventor Suite 2012
Windows 7

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 3 of 6

Hi Cadmanto,

Can you use the Links button found on the Tools tab to do this?

image borrowed from this link

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 6

Hi Curtis,

What happens if it is greyed out?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 6

Hi Cadmanto,

If it's grayed out then Inventor does not see any links that can be removed using this tool.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 6

Thanks Curtis.

I have the assembly files at a good point.  I was able to resurect the unresolved parts files from my network drive and get them into the vault in a secure location.  Then point the assembly to these files and allowing the assembly to be checked into the vault.  Even though these part files do not show up in the assemblies browser I at least know where the parts are in the vault, they aren't going anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Inventor Suite 2012
Windows 7

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report