Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off some visibility??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jim.S1
327 Views, 4 Replies

Turn off some visibility??

Hey everyone.....

I think I have lost my mind, as I can no longer figure out how to do this....

The attached part has multiple holes in multiple locations...... I want to show in the .idw one set "row" around the circumference at a time, as not to confuse the guys in the fab dept.

So I want to show set one, how far in from the end of the tube, then how many and at what degrees around the 360*. to do this i can only suppress the other features right now.

so when I make another View those same parts are suppressed and i cant change it around otherwise it messes with the holes I want and don't want to show in the previous view.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.....

-Jim

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
graemev
in reply to: Jim.S1

So your intention is one end view with multiple side views, each showing a different ring of holes?  The cheap, quick & dirty way is to highlight the offending geometry in each view, right-click, and turn off visibility.

Alternately, show 'em all in each view, but only dimension one set per view.

Message 3 of 5
blair

Create multiple view reps in the IPT with what you want in each View Rep with the other items suppressed. Then when you create your IDW views, select with view-rep you want

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
mrattray

I would use Blair's suggestion, but you could also use iParts for this.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 5
swhite

In your projected views where you want to show the different features, make sure the associative box is unchecked and you can change visibility of parts from view to view without changing the setup of your other views (Note it will always show whatever your main view shows at start, so if some are turned off they will be turned off when you first create the view). Also uncheck the Style (circled) if you want to change hidden line features from view to view. Although taking a few minutes to create view reps is always the best way, this works if you only have a few parts to turn on or off.Associativity.PNG

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report