Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off "Edit dimension when created" 2013

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
pachubby
2253 Views, 10 Replies

Turn off "Edit dimension when created" 2013

Hi

I have been using Inventor 2013 for a few weeks now and for the life of me I can not work out how to turn off the automatic "Edit dimension when created" - it is driving me mad!  So sorry for posing such a simple question on the forum.

I do know that there are "Edit dimension when created" checkboxes in both the Edit Dimension window and under Application Options.  But everytime I restart Inventor, the program seems to forget that particular custom setting and always switches "Edit dimension when created" back on.  So that on the first dimension I create, the Edit Dimension window pops up.

For additional info Inventor remembers many of the other custom settings (e.g. compact tool bar, active button on the Quick Access Toolbar, etc...)

Thanks,

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019 64-Bit Edition
Build: 330, Release: 2019.4
Windows 10 Pro, Intel i5-6300HQ, 16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M1000M
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pball
in reply to: pachubby

If you are refering to dimensioning inside of drawings, I have the same issue. I have also found other settings that do not get remembered. Certain changes to the new file dialog don't get remembered (was told this is a confirmed issue) and I've been having random issues with the option to make all but active parts/assemblies transparent in an assembly.

I hope they'll get all these little things straightened out in a fix soon, it's annoying to have settings get lost.

Message 3 of 11
SBix26
in reply to: pball

In my experience, these seemingly random losses of customizations / settings have been happening in 2011 and 2012 as well.  I have not been able to correlate them to any other events.

Message 4 of 11
pball
in reply to: SBix26

In the past 6 months of using 2012 daily for way too many hours. I didn't notice any loss of settings. The only "problem" with settings I ever noticed was making a change and then opening a new instance of Inventor which would cause that change to be lost, which isn't really an issue if you'd close Inventor after making changes.

Message 5 of 11
mrattray
in reply to: pball

I never have this problem either. I would suspect problems with Windows user rights preventing registry edits.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 11
SBix26
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray wrote:

I never have this problem either. I would suspect problems with Windows user rights preventing registry edits.

Same here, except that it works most of the time.  Then one day, out of nowhere, about half of my keyboard shortcuts are gone, or a bunch of my Application Options are reset to default.  Never a total reset, just some.  And this is the same OS setup and account that I've had since I got the computer three years ago, before this stuff started happening.  Seems as if the exiting process (when customizations are saved) occasionally hiccups and messes up some of the settings for no apparent reason.

Message 7 of 11
mrattray
in reply to: SBix26

Now that you mention keyboard shortcuts, I do sometimes loose my custom hotkeys. It only happens around 1 or 2 imes a week and they always come back after a reboot. It's only and every custom hotkey, all the default shortcuts stay.

I never have problems with application settings, though.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 11
Vitalla

I found this thread when I was having the same issue with my settings and hotkeys not staying.

I see that no solution has been found yet.

But I have found that if I open Inventor 2013 clean set all my application settings and hotkeys then close and reopen Inventor they will stay.

It has been two weeks since I lost a hotkey or setting.

Message 9 of 11
karthur1
in reply to: Vitalla

@Vitalla wrote:

But I have found that if I open Inventor 2013 clean set all my application settings..... 

What do you mean "clean set".....?

Message 10 of 11
Vitalla

Sorry puncutation.

Open Inventor without opening a drawing or model.

Then I set all my application settings and hotkeys.

Message 11 of 11
el_jefe_de_steak

Go to "Application Options" > "Drawing" Tab > Change the value of "Edit Dimension When Created"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report